13 March 2019
Vote for The Supporters’ STAR Performance of the Year Award
Voting is now open to the fans for “The Supporters’ STAR Performance of the Year” award.
This award provides an opportunity for the public to have their say on which Canterbury performance deserves a trophy.
Everyone who votes will go in the draw to win 2x tickets to the Canterbury awards evening experience valued over $300.
Star Media, publishers of The Star newspaper, is the sponsor of this award. They are dedicated to weekly coverage of local sport in our region. The Star is proud to cover all levels of cricket.
How to enter?
Choose your “STAR Performance of the Year” out of the six entries below and cast your vote here.
Tom Latham: Chasing a mammoth 226 for victory, the Canterbury opener nearly pulled off a great escape as he smashed 110 off just 60 balls, including 10 fours and six sixes.
Kyle Jamieson: Canterbury medium pacer Kyle Jamieson carved up the Auckland Aces with a Super Smash record haul of 6-7 on the Eden Park outer oval. His four-over stint was the best in a New Zealand T20 competition, and third best in the world.
Erin Bermingham: In her last game for Canterbury, right arm leg-spinner Erin Bermingham took 4-19 against the Northern Spirit – her best bowling figures in the 50-over format.
Frances MacKay: In just six innings she’d scored three centuries! The most impressive being her captains knock of 140 leading her team to victory against the Central Hinds at Hagley Oval.
Cole McConchie: Canterbury captain Cole McConchie top-scored for his side (162) with his third first-class century, and first at his home ground of Hagley Oval. Canterbury went on to beat Wellington Firebirds by 9 wickets.
Andrew Hazeldine: With a previous best of 3-47, it was all Andrew Hazeldine when he ripped through the Otago batting lineup handing the wiry 24-year-old left-armer his maiden five-wicket bag.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoter: Canterbury Cricket. The competition is open to residents of the New Zealand aged 18 years or over except employees of Canterbury Cricket and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry into the Promotion is granted by voting for the “performance of the year” award through the google voting form only.
3. Closing date for entry is Sunday 24th March at 11:59pm. After this date and time the no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The prize is as follows: 2x tickets for the 2018/19 Canterbury Cricket awards evening, hosted at the Tannery on the 28th March, 7pm. Winners will be required to dress in black tie. The winners will be notified by Phone and/or email. Prize does not include accomodation or travel to/from the venue. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
4. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by New Zealand law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand
7. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current New Zealand data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
8. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
9. By entering this competition, an entrant accepts that they’ll be added to the Canterbury Cricket email Database and may be contacted through email.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.