Canterbury Cricket Board Members
Role – Board Members
Location – Canterbury Region
Applications Close – 15 September
Organisation and Details
Canterbury Cricket is one of six Major Associations in New Zealand, responsible for overseeing, promoting and evolving the game in Christchurch and the districts of Buller, West Coast, Canterbury Country, Mid Canterbury and South Canterbury.
We are currently looking for four (4) passionate Directors to govern the game of cricket in the Canterbury region with courage, respect, and integrity. Our governance should strive to nurture cricket at the community level for longevity of the game, and provide pathways towards success on the representative stage.
We are building cricket as a game for all Cantabrians, a game without barriers – a game that can be played anywhere, by anyone – A Game for All, A Game for Life. We want Directors who bring diverse perspectives and experiences to help lead us to deliver on this vision.
Canterbury Cricket is seeking four (4) Board members who can bring a region-wide perspective and a diversity of gender, generational, cultural and technical talent to the Board table. The focus is on developing a board that models good governance practices and supports the Canterbury Cricket Vision: “Inspiring Through Our Game”
The persons being sought will bring all or some of the following:
- The ability to think strategically
- Governance skills and experience
- A commercial perspective, including financial and legal experience.
- Good character with strong personal character and skills
- An affinity for and understanding of the community game in Canterbury
In assessing the current Board’s skills and competencies and the pathway ahead for the organisation the Board has determined the need for applicants to exhibit the following skills:
- An understanding of amateur and community cricket at club, district or major association level;
- An entrepreneurial talent for contributing to the creation, not merely the preservation, of member value, business growth and innovation;
- Specialist financial skills and relevant experience critical to the performance of CCA;
- Knowledge of high performance sport (cricket or otherwise) including best practice;
- A good understanding of current HR practices;
- Local, national and international relationships and representation allowing the furtherance of the interests of Canterbury Cricket;
- Strong legal and analytical skills and a high level of commercial legal experience in those areas critical to the performance of CCA; and
- Specialist marketing and/or media skills.
Applications from Female Directors are encouraged in line with Canterbury Cricket’s strategic focus on inclusivity – A Game for All. The Board currently has a 50/50 male/female ratio.
Directors must be prepared to undergo regular governance reviews and be willing to develop their personal governance capabilities by completing programmes such as ‘Governance 101 for Cricket’ through Sport NZ.
Please note that one (1) Board Member is standing for re-election.
Initial 3 year term. Meetings are approximately monthly. Virtual meetings are an option utilised by Canterbury Cricket to provide greater flexibility.
Resident within the Canterbury region.
The Canterbury Cricket Strategic Plan can be found HERE
This position is voluntary.
For further details or to apply:
Further information and documentation are available from Jez Curwin, CEO, Canterbury Cricket. Email: email@example.com Phone: +64-27-494-4201
Documentation on request includes:
Canterbury Cricket Constitution, Canterbury Cricket Whole of Cricket Strategy, Board Role Description, Canterbury Cricket Board of Directors Skills and Competencies Framework, Board appointments process/timeline.
Application process and timelines:
- To apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a cover letter and governance CV.
- Applications close at 5pm on 15th September 2021.
- The Board Appointments Panel will evaluate all applications, conduct interviews and nominate suitable candidates for appointment by 15th October 2021
- Appointments will be formally confirmed at the Canterbury Cricket AGM on 27th October 2021.
Youth Activator – Christchurch Metro Cricket Association
Do you know how to play?
Can you create a game, an experience, a memorable moment with what is in front of you?
Christchurch Metro are on the lookout for Participation Activators, with a focus on Youth Cricket, to activate, engage and promote fun and social cricket playing opportunities in the wider Christchurch area during the upcoming summer.
These roles will work with Secondary Schools and Clubs to recruit and promote the game of cricket, support volunteer coaches and deliver meaningful sessions for players.
If you have a passion for working with young people and want to engage them in sporting opportunities, if you can build relationships and work with people of any age, if you are willing to learn, listen and teach our team along the way then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV, with at least one current referee you are happy to be contacted and a cover letter outlining who you are and why you think you are the perfect candidate for the role. Send to email@example.com
Applications close 24 September – CLICK HERE FOR A POSITION DESCRIPTION