EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
UMPIRE & SCORER ADMINISTRATION & DEVELOPMENT
Are you interested in cricket, want a summer job, keen to work with a diverse range of people and learn new skills?
Canterbury Cricket Association in partnership with the Canterbury Regional Umpires and Scorers Association are seeking Expressions of Interests in the Umpire and Scorer Development role for the coming season.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Organize and deliver basic umpire and scorer training in Primary and Secondary schools across Canterbury. (Training would be provided)
- Recruit new umpires and scorers to the game in both youth and adult level by promoting officiating and attending events.
- Provide administration support around the appointments panel and support those umpires currently involved.
- Organise an umpire exchange program with other Major Associations in New Zealand.
- Explore additional development opportunities for current umpires and scorers
- Organise observations and mentoring programs for current umpires on the regional panel and those officiating at summer festivals.
- Work with local umpire and district association around their officiating needs.
An understanding of cricket would be ideal, but you don’t need to be an umpire, most training will be provided. Currently this is proposed as 10-12 hours per week for the summer, with options for the right candidate to get involved in the Participation program for additional hours or further expansion of this role.
SUBMIT AN EOI
If this space is of interest to you, please write to Simon Hill, General Manager – Community Cricket at firstname.lastname@example.org with some information about yourself and how you might go about achieving some of the above responsibilities.
EOI close Monday 17 October 2022