U15 Pathway – Male
However, U15 players may be selected into the U17 Canterbury Cricket Tri-series, and/or the Junior Performance Squad (JPS) or Senior Performance Squad (SPS).
Please click the links below for further information:
U15 Regional Tournament
Players who seek to trial for the U15 Regional Tournament must contact their local District or Sub-Association (South Canterbury, Mid-Canterbury, West Coast, Buller, Canterbury Country, Christchurch Metro) for key dates and trial information. At this level it is generally a self-nomination process.
- South Canterbury – Shane Gilkinson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid Canterbury – Garfield Charles – email@example.com
- West Coast – Jack O’Connor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buller – Shaun Stagg – email@example.com
- Canterbury Country – Toby Doyle – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christchurch Metro – Keryn Ambler – email@example.com
This tournament will be hosted by Ashburton from December 19-23, 2016.
Players must be aged 14yrs, or younger, as of September 1st 2016.
Selection criteria for Tri-series and JPS/SPS
Canterbury Cricket are focussed on investing in players who uphold the values of our organisation (Courage, Respect, and Integrity) and who demonstrate the right personal characteristics for long term success. A primary driver is producing ‘Great players’ through sustainable excellence. Selection criteria at this level will consider the following points (in no particular order):
- On field performances
- Recent playing history
- Playing potential
- Contribution to the team
- On-field/off-field behaviours
What can you do?
Canterbury Cricket promotes self-sufficiency from players involved in our programmes. It is encouraged that players have access to their own e-mail account, and check it daily. Players may be asked to supply statistics, and provide additional information from time to time.