The Canterbury Cricket Association (CCA) is delighted to announce that we are seeking applications for new Board Members who want to be part of developing the future of cricket across the region.
This year, due to rotation retirements, we have up to three vacant Director positions available.
CCA is a not-for-profit organisation responsible for administering cricket across the region including the professional and community game. We work closely with our Districts across the region and New Zealand Cricket to ensure the future of the game continues to be strong.
Committed to creating “A Game For All, A Game For Life”, Canterbury Cricket is working hard to grow the sport across all communities and is reflected in our strategy for the next three years.
We are an inclusive organisation and welcome Board Members from all walks of life to grow our game across diverse communities within the region. We are a Sport NZ funded entity and whole heartedly embrace the minimum 40% requirement for self-identified female Board representation.
We are looking for Board Members who believe they have what it takes to be an inspirational leader, advocate for the sport and support management in their delivery of the strategic plan.
Applicants will bring all or some of the following general governance competencies:
· The ability to contribute strategically
· Governance skills and experience
· A commercial perspective, including financial and legal experience
· Strong personal character and skills
· An inclusive approach
· An affinity for and understanding of the running of sport in Canterbury
Board Members must be prepared to undergo regular governance reviews and willing to develop their personal governance capabilities by completing programmes such as ‘Governance 101 for Cricket’ through Sport NZ.
While acknowledging all applicants will have a passion for sport and cricket, the Board has determined the need for applicants to exhibit at least one of the following skills:
1. Finance: Specialist financial skills and relevant experience critical to the performance of CCA.
2. HR / organisational development: Specialist human resources and organisational development skills and relevant experience critical to the performance of CCA.
3. Legal: Posses strong critical thinking and analytical skills, and a high level of legal experience in those areas critical to the performance of CCA.
4. Local and National relationships and representation: Has the capability and credibility to promote the interests of Canterbury Cricket on the local, national and international stage.
5. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI): A real understanding of DEI and the need to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment in cricket, with particular focus on bi-cultural knowledge and experiences.
1. Knowledge of sport: Has a demonstrable knowledge of sport (cricket or otherwise), including best practice. Knowledge of High Performance would be a useful attribute.
Documentation on request includes:
Canterbury Cricket Constitution, Canterbury Cricket Whole of Cricket Strategy, Board Role Description, Canterbury Cricket Board of Directors Skills and Competencies Framework, Board appointments process/timeline. Find us here: www.canterburycricket.org.nz Our strategic plan, can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/3eeynbtc
Commitment of a Director:
· Initial three year term.
· A minimum of eight meetings per year with virtual meetings as an option.
· Applicants should be residents within the Canterbury region.
· This is a voluntary position.
Send your Governance CV along with a covering letter to the Canterbury Cricket Association CEO, Jez Curwin email@example.com.
If you would like any further information, then contact Jez either by email or on 027 494 4201.
Key Dates to note:
· Applications close 5pm on 5th September 2023.
· Interviews will take place on W/C 16th September 2023.
· Appointments will be formally confirmed at The Canterbury Cricket Association AGM on Tuesday 17th October, 2023.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Canterbury Cricket Association recognises that diversity, equity, and inclusion enriches our organisation and we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds. If there is anything you need to make the recruitment process run smoother for you do let us know! We recognise that life experience plays an important role in adding to your skill set and consider these as a factor in making this role a success.